Date(s) - 02/12/2020
Time: - 8:30 am - 12:00 pm
EVENTS FOR KIDS & FAMILYGet FREE fun Phoenix Kids Events like these right into your inbox free newsletter: Subscribe Here
HB2769 (supported decision-making) sponsored by Representatives Jennifer Longdon and John Allen, is being heard at the House Judiciary Committee on February 12, 2020. The hearing begins at 8:30. Hearings are open to the public. We encourage you to participate by attending or speaking at the hearing.
More about Supported Decision-Making:
• Is a process of supporting and accommodating an adult with a functional impairment to make life decisions, including decisions related to where the adult wants to live, the services, supports, and medical care the adult wants to receive, whom the adult wants to live with, and where the adult wants to work, without impeding the self-determination of the adult.
• Gives older adults and people with disabilities the help they need to make choices about their own lives
--- CONTINUE READING BELOW ---
Phoenix Family Friendly Events
Find Family Friendly Events Phoenix Family Events Guide ! Discover fun kid friendly events and activities to do in Metro Phoenix.
See the FREE Kids events guide for free fun indoor and outdoor kid friendly events on the weekend and on the weekdays in Metro Phoenix: free movies, crafts and more!)
• Allows them to choose the supporter(s) they want to help them understand, make, and communicate their decisions
• Enables the individual to retain authority and make final decisions.
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT SDM CAN BE FOUND HERE: http://arcarizona.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/Fact-Sheet-Supported-Decision-Making-02-20-update.pdf
Fun free things to do with the kids in Phoenix! Check out our:
SHARE with your friends! Let them know about Family Friendly Calendar - where they can find fun things to do with kids in Phoenix.
FAMILY FRIENDLY EVENTS NOT TO MISS
Free Kid Friendly Movie Events
FAMILY FRIENDLY CARNIVALSEnjoy the beautiful weather with family! Checkout our Carnival Friendly Guide here.
- Events for Elementary Age Kids
- Events for Kids and Family
- Events for Mom
- Events for Preschoolers
- Events for Teens